Meet Utah Birth Photographer + Videographer
I’m a wife, mama, mixed-race woman of color, survivor, birth lover, business owner, and creative originally from Austin, Texas. I shifted the direction of my business to specialize in birth while navigating PPD/PPA after moving to Salt Lake with my husband and daughter in 2015. I come from a long line of strong women and am doing my best to raise a free-thinking little human who is kind to others and knows her worth.
Several years have passed since our traumatic birth day, and there isn’t much I remember from experience. In my heart, I know our birth was filled with many beautiful moments, I just can’t remember them. We didn’t hire a birth photographer, and to this day, it’s something my husband and I deeply regret. To have those moments captured and to relive, our experience would be the greatest, most healing gift ever.
I take my role on your birth support team seriously and am invested in learning from the best leaders in the industry.
Here’s a growing list of my Birth stats, accolades and professional certifications:
+ Birth Worker Inclusivity Training Series (a 6-week online intensive - Oct 2018)
+ Legal & Human Rights in Childbirth (an online CE course - Feb 2019)
+ Holding Space for Pregnancy Loss (CE workshop - May 2019)
+ Birth Diversified (Spring 2020)
Things I Love
• Learning. Knowledge is power, and I prefer to be informed. Books, podcasts, and audiobooks are my jam.
• The occasional TV binge. When it’s just me watching I love a good period piece, drama or documentary.
• Vintage furniture and houseplants. Lots and lots of houseplants— 23 and counting!
• Baked goods, especially from Tulie. Delish!
• Shopping local and supporting other small businesses.